Wednesday, May 6, 2009

When I Grow Up

In roughly a week and a half I will essentially be a college senior. It's hard to believe that I'm nearing the completion of my junior year of college! Even before I started Simpson I heard that college flys by and while I believed them, its still hard to grasp how fast it does until it actually happens. And I'm not even close to being ready to grow up and my term class is not making things any easier.

I've started to think a bit more about what I want to do after graduation and grad school has started to sound like a good idea. My NACA experience has been awesome and so I began to think about going for student development and maybe becoming a Rich Ramos. BUT the thing is, I don't really think I want to do that as a career. But I think the student development experience would be benificial in the long run.

I've also thought about traveling after graduation. Yesterday, in our may term class we met with a former student of Kedron's and she worked and lived in London for 6 months after graduation and so that would be really cool. Only I would probably do something like Austrailia or New Zealand, since I have done the London thing already. AND I've also thought about just trying to find a job. But I have no freakin clue what. I would love to do something in event planning relatedness but I have no clue where to look. Plus I'm starting to wonder if I am even capable of holding a real job and being responsible and that scares me.

Ugh. This May Term class has really thrown things off. Just because some of the advice we've gotten from meeting with these professionals has been really helpful and what Emily has done sounded really fun and I would love to do something like that. BUt then hearing some the leaders talk makes me wonder if I really am a decent leader or just one of those power hungry people who just likes being a leader. And I don't want to be one of those people. Then there's the talks about our generation and what we expect out of life and how more than likely we won't get all that we want and then there's the whole economy thing and ugh.

Anyway. Back to the grad school thing. It's weird having to look at grad schools. I feel like I'm back in HS only its harder, because I'm not sure what I want to study. I could do student development. Maybe journalism or it'd be awesome to find some sort of event/entertainment management program. And then there is the whole GRE thing. I haven't taken a math class since my junior year of HS.

But ugh. It's crazy and getting scary. Even though I know I have a year left, right now I really have no clue what to do. And then just thinking about being a real grown up in general is scary and I think thats partly why I would like to go back to grad school.

Then there's this summer. Thanks to my suck-tackular driving luck my car sucks and so my original plans for interning in Minneapolis are now cancelled. So I'm hoping I can get a job at TEC w/ Sarah as a counselor. It'd be fun to be a counselor again and not have to worry about as much.

Other than stressing out about the rest of my life, May Term is good and fun! It's hard to believe the year is almost over ;( I have alot of packing to do :S

PS-sorry this turned into a rant of a blog. I didn't think it would....oops :S

No comments: