Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another day another dollar

Okay,

So blogger apparently hates me. I have actually posted blogs in between now and the last time I posted (granted it has only been a couple, my bad) but for some reason, blogger didn't want to post them.
And instead of posting now old information, I'm just getting over it.Moving on and posting today.

And I don't feel like trying to play catch up with the last month of my life, even though there really hasn't been anything too excting. So I'm just going to go with a new post and talk about "my future".

In less than 2 weeks I will officially be a college graduate, and while 8 months ago that thought scared the crap out of me, I am now 100% ready! I'm excited to move on and grow up and begin life. And while I slightly worry I might regret that a couple months into the grown up life thing, I'm still fine with it.

I have found a job. Right now it's only 15 hours a week. But it's a job none the less and even better, it's exactly what I want to do. so HORRAY!

I'll be the "director of social media and anyalytics" for an on-line based social media consulting firm here in the DSM area. Which means, I'll be creating blogs,twitter accounts, facebook and whatever else for our clients. I'll also teach them how to use it and do it themselves, so we can ultimately turn it over to them to run.

I'm excited, since this company is slightly new and I'm one of the few staffers, I have a chance to grow with the company and when I interviewed my boss told me there's a good chance it will turn into a full time and salaried position. BOO YAA!

So, I'll definitally keep you up to date on how that goes.

With that, I've decided to not return to camp this summer and stick around DSM. A few guys from the house and I are leasing a town home, so it should be fun. I'm just really excited to finally spend a summer in DSM. I never have, so I can't wait for everything. Pride, Arts Festival, 80/35 etc. etc. It should be a gooood time!

But I guess that's about it. I'll do my best to get back into blogging regularly, I promise.

And also, I'm in the midst of switching platforms. Turns out most people in the social media world use wordpress to blog, including my new company. And since it would probably be a good idea for me to join with the times and know how to use what the industry uses, I'm switching to that, and the blog will take a bit of a turn and become more about my life as a YP in DSM. And not so much a "here's what's going on in my life. La de da".

But I promise it'll still be just as entertaining.

xo

No comments: