Monday, February 22, 2010

Does anyone have a band-aid? I tripped again.

It was yet another exciting and adventurous weekend in the life of Drew.

Friday started out as innocent as it can for a weekend night in my life. We were supposed to go to Des Moines for my BFFs birthday party that was originally supposed to happen a month ago, but the bus broke down when it got to us back in January, so we postponed it. AND THEN more STUPID snow struck Friday, so it once again got axed. SO, we were just going to stick around the house and partake in the weekend.

WELL, then a friend suggested we attempt to venture to Des Moines anyway and go on our own adventure, which we did. AND it was fANtAStIc. I would divulge in details, but they're slighty R rated and require you to be 18 or over. Let's just say Flo-Rida's rendition of "Right 'Round" would have been an appropriate song for the evening. ANNNNNND if you're still confused, it probably means you shouldn't know what I'm talking about =).

But then Saturday rolled and it was time for another exciting and wonderful adventure, but alot more G rated.

This weekend I met Barista's family. Whiiiiich was slightly nervous-ing. Like I've previously mentioned, this is my first legitimate relationship,so with that comes never having to meet parentals. So, I was obvi. nervous, wanting to make a good impression and that whole deal.

But it went well. His mom was cute and fun, we played Mario Kart together for like an hour Sunday morning, and his sisters were nice. SO yea. hopefully I got the stamp of approval.

We also watched "Away We Go" which is that new movie with John Krasinski (Jim from the Office) and Maya Rudolph (SNL) and it was really cute. So I recommend that for your netflix que. We also rented "Bruno" which I had heard mixed reviews about. Some people saying it was horrible and offensive-then others telling me I'd love it (knowing that I tend to enjoy offensive,obnoxious humor). It was okay. Nothing horrrrrrible, but nothing that was side splitting halarious either. and that took up our Saturday night.

Sunday, we had lunch with his former professors, who were great. Your typical funny,charasmatic art professors and then we headed home.

THEN Sunday was just chilling out, a nice long nap after we got back and then we watched the Rob Zombie "Halloween" movie. Which was also quite enjoyable. Well as enjoyable as a slasher movie can be. BUT it gave me an excuse you curl up to Barista multiple times =)

Soooo yeah..that was the weekend.

AND I'm contuing to love this Barista kid more and more. And @ times I do that whole mental double check thing and wonder if I'm falling too fast or if I'm letting my imagination run with it or whatever. Since I've been known to do that.

BUT I like to think I'm not. I feel like I'm keeping myself in check with this relationship. It's not like I'm walking around with weDDing bells going off in my head or picturing the little house with the white picket fence...............I'm just saying I'm not completely writing off that possibility anymore.

IDK. The future, especially with relationships is a scary subject to pick up. You want to be optimisitic and think of the best. But you want to be realisitic. Plus it's a self-preservation kinda thing too going on in the back of my head.

For starters, like just mentioned, I don't want to turn into a 16 year old high school girl, where I think my boyfriend is the one I'm meant to be with forever. BUT I would like to think that there is a future with Barista.

But then thinking that scares me. And I don't want to get HoPeFuL and think about these things, specially since it really has only been 6weeks, get in over my head and then get hurt in the end. Not saying he'd do something stupid. I'm just saying, the fork in the road is getting closer within my line of sight.

Come May, what happens? Will I stay in Des Moines? Go to Pennsylvania and work at camp again? Go somewhere else? These could all have impact on things.

Ugh. It's just a whole web of things that's hard to even talk about on here because my mind goes 50 ways with it.

So, I'll probably shutup now. Before I say something stupid. Or waste anymore of your time.

But needless to say. I'm liking what's happening, and I hope the coffee keeps coming....corny? yes. make sense? hopefully. BUT whatever. I'll say what I want ;)

2 comments:

Jen Randall said...

I love how relationships make you giddy sometimes!

stillarockstar said...

I'm SO HAPPY for you that the weekend & meet-the-fam went well AND that your relationships seems to just keep growing & making you smile...the decisions are tough, but it'll all work out...