Friday, November 30, 2007

Excuse Me While I Get Nostalgic

Greetings Friends,


Before I get nostalgic, I'd like to share with you a couple of things from the past few days.


WELL, on Tuesday, Meghan,Chelsea and I went ice skating at the Natural History Museum, it was fun! I hadn't been skating forever and am pleased to report that NONE of us fell or got hurt! Even though we did enjoy watching some youngin' who fell like every two minutes, no seriously, I timed him.


We also visited the CLINK museum and learned all about one of the first prisons in the city of London and how they punished people and that: fUn fAcT: the old time "stewhouses" or brothels were actually ran by bishops of the church!


Other than that, its been alot of sitting around, doing last minute gift shopping and watching movies,along with whining about not being ready to leave.




Well the time has finally and unfortunatly come, in approximately 17 hours I will be on plane headed back home to the U-S-of-A., and now that it's here, I'm not ready.


It's raining outside, and it seems perfectly appropriate, ovbiously London is just as sad as I am about my unavoidable departure.


Last night was fitting, a group of us went to RENT(yes I went again) and we realized that our very first show in London was at "The Dukes of York" theatre, when we saw Orlando Bloom. But, it also made me realize on our way back that it was possibly my last time walking through Leiscter Square at night, and it would probably be our last night tube ride.


Today, as Meghan and I did some final shopping it happened again. I realized that I was walking around Picadilly Square and SoHo,two of my favorite places in London, for the last time.


It's hard to believe that 13 weeks-3 whole months have passed already! It seems like so much longer, but at the same time, it feels like just yesterday I was just arriving at 270 Earls Court Road.


I thought my freshman year of college changed me, but it almost seems like nothing compared to how different I feel after spending 3 months over here, however, that's a whole other blog.


But enough about my crying about leaving.


Turns out getting home might not be so easy! According to weather reports, tomorrow is supposed to all freezing this and freezing that and temps in the 30's and well, we could possibly get stuck in Cincinatti for awhile. Which would totally be uncool and they should just let us stay here for a couple more days until the weather passes back home. I mean, obviously Iowa doesn't want us back!


Oh yea, did I mention that I leave in around 17 hours and have not packed a single thing! I blame it on my denial, packing would make leaving seem more real and that its actually happening. So, if I don't pack it means I'm not leaving,as well as the fact I'm the king of procrastination.


I'd like to thank all of you who faithfully read my often times rAnDom, but every once in awhile insightful and witty banter for the past 3 months. I've enjoyed sharing with you the stories and adventures that have occured in this Oh-So-Amazing city, as well as the adventures that occured during Fall Break and Paris. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you come back every once it awhile, to check in on what kind of adventures I've managed to have in Iowa,because trust me-it'll happen.


Officially signing off on my LAST London Blog


CHEERS

Drew


2 comments:

sally said...

ok...you made me cry...I will also miss all of you being in London...but am happy to be able to once againg call cell to cell...hope Iowa lets you in...sally

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture. Iowa is thrilled to have you back!